Online Bible Study

Online Bible Study

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Facebook Treasures of the day!

"'For all thy blessings, known and unknown, remembered and forgotten, we give thee thanks,' runs an old prayer, and it is for the all but unknown ones and the more than half-forgotten ones that we do well to look back over the journeys of our lives because it is their presence that makes the life of each of us a sacred journey. We have a hard time seeing such blessed and blessing moments as the gifts I choose to believe they are and a harder time still reaching out toward the hope of a giving hand, but part of the gift is to be able, at least from time to time, to be assured and convinced without seeing, as Hebrews says, because that is of the very style and substance of faith as well as what drives it always to seek a farther and a deeper seeing still." - Frederick Buechner 
(Thank you, Jessica Winkley)



How many books do you plan to read in 2014?


AMEN!


Experiencing Charlottesville, Photo by James Marshall


My prayer!

With four day greasy hair, I'm sitting here this morning thinking about 2013. It hasn't been an easy year. I've been stretched, humbled, heartbroken, challenged, and forced to come face to face with some of the toughest questions in my faith journey. Ultimately it's this question that I want to answer with a resounding yes...

"Lysa, if you are a woman with faith then are you willing to live a life that actually requires faith?"

Lord, I am. There has been a time for tears but now they've turned into a battle cry! So with a sometimes trembling heart, I grab Your Word, I proclaim Your Wisdom, and I walk in Your Way. What the devil meant for evil, You will surely use for GOOD! I'm believing it. I'm living it. Amen!

Onward and Upward, sweet sisters. Together!!! But first, a shower:)

Lysa Terkeurst



Carter Mountain (More from Charlottesville)


Beautiful Snow Fall in Charlottesville

No comments: