Online Bible Study

Online Bible Study

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Practice...


Back to Romans 6....

Sharon challenged us all to memorize Romans 6. Not just a verse, but the entire Chapter (a couple verses at a time)! So, of course, I tell my amazing friend (seated next to me) that I have a difficult time memorizing Scripture and figure if I complete the study, that should suffice. Well, don't you know, Sharon was sitting right in front of us (because I ALWAYS sit on the front row - in Church, school, Bible study - you name it). When Sharon gets up to speak - she tells the entire group that we should make an effort to memorize God's Word - to really work hard. Not simply assume we can't, but work at it. Sooooooo, of course, my friend elbows me, and I feel terribly guilty! Here it is one week later and I have the first 2 verses memorized (from the New Living Translation). Here it goes (this is my accountability):

Well then, should we keep on sinning so that God can show us more and more of His wonderful grace? Of course not! Since we have died to sin, how can we continue to live in it?

YES! Week one down....only 10 or 11 to go! Please pray for me!

No comments: