Online Bible Study

Online Bible Study

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Uplifting Old Habit that needs an UPDATE!

For quite some time, I have had a "ritual" for the long commute to and from work each day (through the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel).  It has served me well for many years; until recently!

If you are one of my Facebook friends, you might have seen my recent post concerning ANOTHER disabled vehicle blocking the West-bound tube. Even though I normally don't LOSE IT like that, I'm glad I did.  It made me realize what I was currently doing WASN'T WORKING and it was time for a change!

In the morning, I spend my drive communing with God (in various ways).  I dedicate a portion of the drive to prayer, I sing along with Christian CDs or with the artists on K-Love (a fabulous Christian radio station), and I recite Scriptures.  When I arrive at work each day, I feel AWESOME!!!!

However, on the afternoon commute, I listen to NPR.  It is the only time I truly devote to hearing what's going on in the world - which quite honestly, depresses me.

So what's wrong with this picture?  The afternoon commute is usually the most stressful and seems to need some communing with God!  That being said, I think I'll skip the NPR and spend BOTH commutes with God!  I can listen to the news while I'm making coffee in the morning or making dinner at night. I really don't need THAT much news anyway; but I NEVER seem to get enough of God!

Tomorrows the test drive and I'm looking forward to the commute - BOTH WAYS!  I'll keep you posted!


If you're interested, some of my favorite Scriptures for reciting in the car, which I review every day, are provided below:

Psalm 118:8 (NLT)

It is better to take refuge in the Lord
    than to trust in people.

Colossians 3:23 (NLT)

23 Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.

Proverbs 8:9-11 (NLT)

My words are plain to anyone with understanding,
    clear to those with knowledge.
10 Choose my instruction rather than silver,
    and knowledge rather than pure gold.
11 For wisdom is far more valuable than rubies.
    Nothing you desire can compare with it.
 

Proverbs 19:21 (NIV)

21 Many are the plans in a person’s heart,
    but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.
 

 

 

AMEN!!!

 

No comments: