Online Bible Study

Online Bible Study

Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Confident Heart - what I didn't want to share!

Honestly, I didn’t want to write this review. You know how when something hits a little TOO close to home, you want to run? You want to escape? Thinking, if you do, you will be able to FORGET. Well, if you’re like me, God will NEVER let that happen! He will put it (whatever IT happens to be) in your path over and over and over – until you have no choice but DEAL with it. I love AND hate that!

As I attempt to put into words how I felt about this book, I would love to thank the author, Renee Swope, for her honesty and courage. You see, this book is more than just a great book – it’s a journey. It’s a personal journey, if you’re brave enough to make the trip! Renee shares her own life, which resonates with my own in SO many ways (Sorry Renee, I’m not THAT brave yet).

The author shares deeply of the events in her life that led her to Christ. She, like me, KNOWS; we have a never-ending faith due to the constant care of our GREAT God, over less than desiring circumstances! Now, don’t kid yourself into thinking we WANTED to travel this road! We didn’t! As a matter of fact, we DREADED every step! But, that NEVER stops our God from placing us on the journey HE has created for us! Thank GOD we were both obedient in following Him! We were blessed beyond words (Renee explains this much better than I do)!

What I love most about the book is the author’s creative writing and the way she helps YOU through the pain. She shares a little of her embarrassment, and challenges you to ADMIT your own (but I have to tell you Renee, it’s a LOT easier for us – we are all alone in our own homes. You, however, are there for EVERYONE to see – You are truly an inspiration to me). She says things like – go on, you know it’s true. She comforts you by sharing Biblical stories of how our great Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, forgave everyone – and He still does today! WE are all forgiven. For EVERYTHING: doubts, anger, bitterness, behaviors…the list goes on and on. That’s why He came. That’s why He died. For our forgiveness.
WE are ALL truly blessed!

No comments: