Online Bible Study

Online Bible Study

Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Deepest Waters by Dan Walsh (Book Review)


Inspired by real events, this moving novel tells an epic story through
an intimate focus on two lost lovers. Readers will hold their breath as
they sail through this emotional and honest tale of hope, faith and love
in the face of uncertainty.

I wanted to read this book because I am inspired by drama at sea. I sat on the edge of my seat as I watched Titanic sink into the abyss (EVERY time I watched it - too numerous to recall). The respect I have for the power of the ocean, not to mention the never-ending cycle of life that thrives underneath, tied together with the millions of “treasures” lost in the unknown (never to be re-discovered) are some of the many reasons I am in awe/inspired by the ocean.

I loved this story because it revolved around HOPE, about never giving up, around miracles and God’s complete control over everything. I enjoyed the way the chapters flip-flopped from one character's story to the other (keeping us completely engaged).

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys suspense, faith-inspired hope, love stories! The author's style/flow reminds me of a Nicholas Sparks novel (I just happened to watch Message in a Bottle last night-oh my gosh, can you say CRY YOUR EYES OUT!).


Dan Walsh is the award-winning author of The Unfinished Gift and The Homecoming. Dan is finishing up his 5th book with Revell, and has also begun work on a novel with Guideposts. He is part of a team of authors writing a new series called "Miracles of Marble Cove." A member of American Christian Fiction Writers, Dan served as a pastor for 25 years. He lives with his family in the Daytona Beach area. To learn more about Dan and his books, visit his website at www.danwalshbooks.com

Available April 2011 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

No comments: