Online Bible Study

Online Bible Study

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sandra Byrd’s new Teen/Tween Series – London Confidential

I noticed a book review opportunity on Tyndale Publishing for a teen/tween fiction book entitled London Confidential. I know you’re not suppose to judge a book by its cover, but I do it all the time, I just can’t help it – and I love this cover (not to mention the title!)! I usually don’t allow myself the pleasure of reading fiction either (as a full time employee, mother of 2 young children, passionate children’s ministry volunteer, and growing Christian I don’t have much time for “joy-reading”), but I gave in because I could justify recommending the book to my daughters! And recommend I did!

Book 1 in the series is titled Asking for Trouble, and the series takes place in London (there will be three more books in the series – one already out, 2 in the fall of this year). I have always wanted to visit London, so I found myself on a literary/visual journey through Savvy (the leading character). Not only that, the book revolves around journalism – a school newspaper to be exact. It reminded me of the days gone by when I was on the yearbook staff; particularly the competition for the best writing!

There were many reasons I loved this book: the writing was fabulous, the characters were believable, the story had a flow, but the best part was the ending! I can’t tell you why or it would give the story away – but let me sum it up to say that this book reveals a MUCH NEEDED lesson for the children and adults of today! So if you’re an older person (no ages need be provided), I would suggest you pick up a copy of this book and allow yourself the vacation. When you’re done, pass it on to a tween/teen nearby-they will thank you for it later!

Tyndale House Publishers provided a complimentary copy of this book.

No comments: