Online Bible Study

Online Bible Study

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Audio Book Review

I have been listening to a book on CD for a couple of months now. Well, actually, I listened once - had a hard time digesting it - put it down - started listening again yesterday.

The title of the book is Sweet and Bitter Providence, the author is John Piper. He is a well known Pastor and author and I have an enormous amount of respect for him.

There is one main word I am having a very difficult time digesting: sovereignty. I always use to believe that satan was responsible for all bad things on earth and God merely allowed it. This book states that God actually "allows" bad things to happen. I have truly been struggling with this idea/concept.

The most amazing thing happened last night. My son came over and we had a discussion about this (and the book/story of Ruth). He understood this concept, no questions asked. The more I thought about it, the more it became conceivable.

Once I have some time to ponder/pray/review - I will write my review. Until then - I wait....(which I don't do very well, I might add!)

No comments: