Online Bible Study

Online Bible Study

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Oh my goodness – it’s Thursday again, isn’t it? I guess I need to ponder who I’m grateful for today! I can see this is going to be difficult each week, to narrow down WHOM I want to be thankful for-I have been blessed by so many, how will I ever pick!?!?!

I think I’ll share my thankfulness for my co-worker, Sharon Knowles. The picture enclosed is of a pair of shoes she purchased on her latest jaunt to New York City! She cracks me up! She has to be the most “IN STYLE” woman I know! She is extremely intelligent, generous beyond measure, an exceptional leader, kind to everyone, all around wonderful woman – who has been a fabulous mentor/inspiration to me for the past 3 years.

The funny part of our friendship/working relationship is that after approximately one week of working in this office, she poked her head around the cubicle and asked if I was related to my father-in-law. To make a long story short, it turned out Sharon and I are related – a tad distant, but I DESPERATELY want to claim her. Her sister is married to my husband’s cousin. In other words, my father-in-laws brother’s nephew is her brother-in-law. In case trying to decipher this equation gives you a headache, summarize it to say I am blessed to be related to Sharon (even if it’s distant!).

Stay tuned for next week’s post….I think I’ll share about a sweet little girl in Brazil!

"Feeling grateful to or appreciative of someone or something in your life actually attracts more of the things that you appreciate and value into your life." Christiane Northrup, M.D.

No comments: