Online Bible Study

Online Bible Study

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Book Review for Storm Warning


I received my copy of Storm Warning in mid-May of this year. The reason I requested this book was two-fold: First, I have the utmost respect for the author and Pastor-Billy Graham. I was given the opportunity to listen to an audio book on his life a few years ago. Although I am not a youngster, I never really listened to him preach when his events were aired on television. When I listened to the book on his life, I was incredibly amazed to hear how his vision to spread the Gospel made such a huge impact on the world at large. Recently, I had the opportunity to meet an amazing Christian speaker who was present at one such event! She made the decision to give her life to Christ that very night in Japan, many years ago. Second, I know very little of the Apocalypse foretold by the Apostle John and have a difficult time dissecting the book of Revelation. I was hopeful that reading this book would provide an understanding I struggle obtaining elsewhere. Honestly, it did.

You may not know much about storms, but I can say from first-hand experience-living on the east coast of Virginia-when a hurricane is expected to hit, individuals are provided with advance warnings for days prior to estimated arrival on land. I see the established warning system as a way for families to review options available for safety and determine how they will respond – to protect their family in the most appropriate way. I see this book in a similar light-providing a guide for everyone on salvation and a life with Christ. A few years ago we were hit by a severe hurricane, my husband and I decided to leave town and attend a Virginia Tech football game we already had tickets to see (GO HOKIES!). We figured if a tree was going to fall on our house, it could fall without us IN it! We were very blessed-only a large tree limb crushed the shed in our backyard. We remained in Blacksburg for a few days after, which turned out to be another blessing as our electricity was not restored for 14 days!

I enjoyed this book, as a Christian, being reminded of the hope I have in Christ-as He WILL return to save all of His children! Pastor Graham updated this previously published book (1992) to highlight the recent events he believes confirm the prophecy of this Biblical book. I would encourage everyone to take the time to read this book and consider you’re the warning! Your own destiny is at stake!

I received a copy of this book from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review; the opinions expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments: