Online Bible Study

Online Bible Study

Monday, July 12, 2010

Larry's Sermon yesterday

Our Pastor, Larry Jones - Northside Christian Church, is leading us on a summer study through the Book of John. Although I always enjoy his messages, yesterday he ended on a Scripture that really spoke to me! It's from the Book of Hebrews, and upon further reading, I will be posting a Scripture of two PRIOR to the one he read (using the New Century Version):

Hebrews 10
24 Let us think about each other and help each other to show love and do good deeds.25 You should not stay away from the church meetings, as some are doing, but you should meet together and encourage each other. Do this even more as you see the day coming.
26 If we decide to go on sinning after we have learned the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins.27 There is nothing but fear in waiting for the judgment and the terrible fire that will destroy all those who live against God.

One of the many reasons I volunteer at Church is to MAKE ME ATTEND EACH AND EVERY SUNDAY! If I'm committed, I have to go! No excuse to sleep in or skip just ONE Sunday.

I know I have learned the truth - I NEED His strength to keep me in a state of obedience. The closer I get to Him, the more I understand what an amazing gift we have been given! He is the most faithful friend we will ever have!

No comments: